Climate Resilience Funding Workshops
Climate Resilience Funding Workshop Series
New England Environmental Finance Center, Casco Bay Estuary Partnership, and Maine DEP, with assistance from Resilience Works, LLC, and support from USEPA Region 1, offers this series focused on crafting successful proposals toward sustainable financing of climate resilience and stormwater related projects. This series offers knowledge sharing, idea exchange, and real-world advice and inspiration. Participants are led through successive sessions that build upon one another, from understanding what grant agencies look for in their applications, to beginning the process of establishing sustainable financing sources.
We have synthesized participant feedback from these workshops into a Community Resilience Funding Guidance Series, which assembles the wisdom and expertise of local municipal officials on the challenges and opportunities to funding community resilience initiatives.
- Setting Municipalities up for Success highlights various best practices that represent where communities might pursue actions in response to identified gaps.
- Setting Funders up for Impact helps fund managers and grant makers identify what they can do to help remedy the challenges communities face.
The authors envision this series as living documents and will continue to revise and update with additional content as available and feasible. Your contributions are encouraged!
Workshop #1: Navigating Grant Programs
August 19, 2020 – Webinar
- Presentation, Coastal Communities Grant Program by Ruta Dzenis, Maine DACF
- Presentation, SHIP and BIG Programs, Matthew Burns, Maine DOT
- Presentation, Watershed Planning & Implementation Grant Programs, Wendy Garland, Maine DEP
- Presentation, Municipal Stream Crossing Upgrade Grants Program, John Maclaine, Maine DEP
- Case Study: Municipal Stream Crossing Program
Workshop #2: Financing Community Resilience: Setting Your Community Up for Success
October 16, 2020 – Webinar